UALR Law Library Special Collections, is open to the public.
Call or email Kathryn C. Fitzhugh, Reference/Special Collections Librarian, 501-324-9974, in advance for an appointment. Email: email@example.com.
Special Collections Hours: Monday - Wednesday & Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM; Thursday: 1 PM - 6 PM -- call in advance. Required: driver's license or other government-issued photo identification.
We have a reading room for archives partrons and a locker for briefcases, coats, and other belongings. Read about our procedures at the link below, "Use of Archives" before you visit.
Description of Holdings
The UALR/Pulaski County Law Library holds early Arkansas Supreme Court Briefs and Records. The court records consist of the filings at the appellate level which means the appellate records of the Arkansas Supreme Court. At the time these records were created the Arkansas Court of Appeals did not yet exist.
Even though many files are not complete, the files typically contain transcripts, pleadings, depositions, testimony, and evidence from the trial courts. Many files contain only the transcripts.
- Series I: 1836 - 1886. Indexing is in progress. MILESTONE: As of May 2013, Series I, consisting of over 5,767 files, has been cleaned and flattened!
- Series II: 1887 - 1909. Indexing is in progress.
- Series III: Civil cases, 1907 - 1926; Series II and III overlap. The docket books and records of proceedings of Series V serve as indexes.
- Series IV: Criminal cases, 2/11/1886 - 1/3/1964. Series IV is filed by docket numbers.
- Series V: Docket books, records of proceedings, opinion record books, books of early attorneys' licenses, and other record books.